A destination beach wedding gives you the chance to break out of your daily life and really celebrate your wedding day somewhere new and beautiful. If you have always dreamed of a beach wedding but have worried about expensive, dirty, crowded beaches, booked years in advance you have limited your options to California or Florida. In a land that stretches from “sea to shining sea” there are plenty of options and from our experiences Washington State has the most beautiful beaches. Perhaps because there are no large cities nearby (although Seattle and SeaTac Airport are only about a three hour car drive away) the beaches seem a bit more pristine, refreshing and relaxed. Its easy to personalize an affordable wedding package and plan the perfect wedding adventure for you and your guests, even if you are from out of state! Here are 5 reasons why Washington is the perfect beach wedding location:
- Affordable Wedding: Washington is perfect for an amazing honeymoon and wedding, all on a budget! There are great B&Bs, hotels and even casinos with views of the ocean, the forests and the mountains… whatever you are in the mood to wake up to. With the money you save book a cruise from Seattle up the Canadian and Alaskan coasts or spend an extra week on your honeymoon.
- Indulge your Senses: Washington State wines now rival those of California and France. The Microbrew revolution started in the Pacific Northwest and where do you think Starbucks got its start. Not to mention fresh salmon, local fruits and vegetables and a fusion culinary scene for the indulgent foodie.
- Music: Kurt Cobain grew up a few miles from Ocean Shores and his legacy lives on in the lively music scene of Seattle. Plan your honeymoon around one of the many local jazz and folk music festivals or catch one of the many live bands in the local taverns or casinos.
- Vampires are doing it! The Twilight Trilogy took place in nearby Forks, Washington, and as you saw in the film even Vampires get romantic on a Washington Beach. You can sparkle all you want at your Washington beach wedding and have a film-set worthy location to boot!
- Come rain or shine! Everyone knows Washington is a rainy state, but with summer sunsets after 10:00 pm it also has long sun filled days, making evening weddings in the summer months full of sunshine. Besides, rain on your wedding day is good luck, not to mention it makes for beautiful pictures.
Did you get married on a Washington State Beach? Tell us about your Washington destination beach wedding below. Thinking of getting married on the beach in Washington? Fill out the contact form on the right and start planning a beach wedding that you will never forget with memories to cherish for a lifetime!